Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AntiVir Av Virus Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 skorge729

skorge729

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:31 AM

Hello,

I received help from you years ago with a virus problem I had, you guys were awesome, so now I'm back. Tonight my boyfriend started getting a few popups that claimed he had a virus on his laptop and there were ways to fix it. It is pretty much identical to the AntiVir Av problem, so we went ahead and did a little research, and found your tutorial here to remove it:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivira-av

We accidentally missed the step to download RKill, and went straight to downloading Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware. We ran that software, one infected thing came up, we tried to remove it and it didn't work. Suddenly no program would run. Not folders that hold pictures, not the internet, anything... I got on my computer and found that the top of the tutorial shows how to get on the internet because AntiVir Av has the ability to disable it. We went through those steps and the boxes kept getting checked. He has a Sprint Wireless USB Card so he has to be able to open the Sprint program to connect to the internet. He can't get online to do anymore research so that is why I am posting for him.

What can we do? He is not with me and doesn't have any other computer around to get on to maybe download and transfer files to his hard drive.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: I should mention that his previous virus protection software ran out a few weeks ago and he cannot afford to renew it at the moment. That is probably what caused this in the first place.

Edited by skorge729, 14 February 2011 - 12:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users