Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im infected.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 improbablyinfected

improbablyinfected

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

Well recently I accidentally downloaded a backdoor, twice.

My kaspersky started freaking out and I told it to delete, my explorer process ended and all i could see was kaspersky, it ran a scan and said that an immediate reboot was mandatory to remove the virus. It didnt work... I booted in safe mode and ran a full scan. About halfway it detected a backdoor and I went to the files and deleted them. I thought it was gone so I ran another full scan, woke up and kas said I was fine. Well later that day I started getting kicked off WoW and i noticed some strange processes running, particularly dllhost.exe in my syswow32. I looked up a guide on how to permanently remove it and so i did. Well, the problem didnt go away and I was still getting slow speed and getting kicked off. I was noticing all around strange things with my computer so i downloaded malware bytes and ran a scan, bytes found an infected registry key and deleted it. Alas, the problem might be still here and Im not really sure if it is. Im confused and Im worried that my dad will find out, i just want this virus gone.

Please help.

Im running windows 7 64bit
edit: the file was perx.exe (i think) kaspersky was calling it backdoor.win32.poison

Edited by improbablyinfected, 13 February 2011 - 09:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users