Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry Issue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 poorboy_179

poorboy_179

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:46 PM

I have XP home ed. and a message box is popping up saying --

The registry is corrupted. The structure of one of the files containing registry data is corrupted, or the system's memory image of the file is corrupted, or the file could not be recovered because the alternate copy or log was absent or corrupted.

So i did a search for this and found out that it is ERROR_REGISTRY_CORRUPT 1015.

Does anyone know anything about this and how do i fix this error?

Thanks crew!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:11 PM

When does this error appear? When you start Windows? When you open a specific program? When you are telling the computer to do something specific?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Salo

Salo

• Banned
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:10 AM

Commonl this error is found when you start windows, and has to do with the Windows API.

Try this, pop in your xp installation disk, and once its in click start > click run > in the dialog boix type sfc /scannow This will run windows file protections to see if any physical files are corrupt or damaged, and will replace them.

Also, have you tried any means of registry repair programs? Such as Crap Cleaner or Registry Mechanic?

I reccomend crap cleaner, install it. Run the registry sweeper, and clear out that registry of all corrupted files. Reboot, and if you still get the error, I reccomend doing a clean install of windows xp.

#4 poorboy_179

poorboy_179
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:53 PM

My system appears to be running fine. This error never pops up at start up but it seems like every 30-45 mins this "balloon" pops up with that message about the registry. it doesnt seem to be any one file/program that triggers it to pop up that message. ill give that Crap Cleaner or Registry Mechanic a try and see what happens...

thanks for the advice!

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:46 AM

I shy away from registry cleaners - they can do more harm than good in quite a few situations.

First, be sure your system is virus and spyware free before starting.

If you're gonna go ahead and use a registry cleaner anyway - be sure to backup your registry just in case. That way, if a "fix" heads south on you - you can restore and at least be working again.

Try the SFC.EXE /SCANNOW routine. If that doesn't fix it, try a repair install of Windows - that should fix it up.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 poorboy_179

poorboy_179
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:23 PM

Thanks USASMA... Ill give that a try.

have a good Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone out there..

Later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users