Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphone is not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kabu001

kabu001

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop computer running Vista. I have a webcam with the integrated Sigmtal microphone built in. My microphone does not seem to be working with any of my programs, ie.skype,sound recorder, etc. My speakers are working fine though. I checked my device manager and there seems to be no issues. The sound, recorder shows the microphone is checked green and is apparently working. Does anyone know what else to check even if I have to open the computer to make sure everything is connected.

Thank you for your time,
Jim T.

One thing I did notice is that when I open Skype, etc the sound level indicator quickly shows a green bar but then disappears.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kcarson50

kcarson50

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

Sorry I don't have an answer but I just started having the same problem with my Dell Inspiron D531 with the Sigmtel as well. I find that odd because I didn't chnage any settings and everything looks right and as if its working including the green bars showing and moving up and down as if they are picking up the sound thru the mic. I will be watching to see if you get any help because I need the help too.

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

Here is what you need to check.

Please follow my directions carefully.

Click start.

Control panel.

Set to large icons to see all options.

Double click the sounds icon.

Choose recording.

Choose microphone.

Choose set up microphone.

Choose other from the list.

Choose next.

You should now be brought to a set up screen, where you read what is printed on the screen and see if the voice activated bar registers the sound or not.

If it does, then you will need to enter your skype program and enter the OPTIONS menu to assign a microphone to the setup and follow the prompts.

Hope this helps.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users