Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Company/ Business Name

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jumpyjester

jumpyjester

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:33 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping you can all help me. I am aiming to start a business building computers, possibly fixing them, building networks, and configuring most things tech. to keep it simple. I am doing this so I can:
Get more experince doing what I enjoy;
Start earning some more money on the side of my main job to fund qualifications;
Get more professional document-able experience to put on my CV to get a job in the industry working for a bigger company for example HP.

I intend to charge around about 10 per hour (to reflect the fact at the moment even though I have experience people will be taking a punt on me). My cheapest system build being 250 before labour, this isn't me touting for work, this is me looking for help on the following:
Starting a business from scratch;
A company name.

Any help or comments appreciated.
Regards,

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jumpyjester

jumpyjester
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:46 PM

Has nobody got any ideas????
Regards,

John

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

You might try a Business to Business type forum. As an example: http://www.smallbusinessforums.org/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 jumpyjester

jumpyjester
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:24 PM

Thanks Animal, to be honest I am not looking to much at the business side on here more suggestions for a name as I have been thinking for about a month a half and still havent decided on one.
Regards,

John

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,743 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:51 PM

The reason I suggested a business to business forum is, they are people who have struggled with naming their businesses as well. They might have tips on how to come up with names or pitfalls to avoid when naming your business. In other words they have been where you are right now.

To be honest, I have no idea what kind of name you're looking for, where you are and what names are 'catchy' for your region. Something that does well near me may totally offend or be derogatory near you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 jumpyjester

jumpyjester
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

hmmm good point. thanks for the advice.
Regards,

John

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,743 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

You're quite welcome. Best of luck to you in your business endeavor.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#8 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:47 PM

Deciding on a business name is very difficult and can make or break your business.

My best advice is to give it time and not think too hard about it.
It will just come to you and you will know it when you hear it.

Be sure to do a little research on it to make sure that no one else is using it.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users