Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can Outlook 2007 open a Lotus Notes Calendar invite?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pinki

pinki

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:11 AM

We have Outlook 2007 and have received a Calendar Invite from a client. The attached Calendar Invite has an ics extension. Problem is, when double click to open it, all we get is this error message: Invalid Internet Calendar

I sent the attached home where I have Outlook 2003 and it opens as a regular Calendar Invite where you can Accept, Decline, Tentative etc...

We need to be able to open this type of invite in Outlook 2007 and 2010 as that is what we use. Can you please tell me how to fix this issue.

Thank you so much!

Please note: It doesn't seem to matter what the OS is, it's the Outlook version.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:49 AM

Maybe the information in this Microsoft Support article will help you.

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 pinki

pinki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:16 AM

Thanks TulsaRose but this has nothing to do with our issue.

It's actually an outside client that reported the issue. She sent me the invite and it didn't work for me either, same error. I sent it home where I have Outlook 2003 and it opened up no problem. It's an OL 2007 + issue.

I have tried the Add-in Manager, Anti-Virus and file association but none of them worked and I can't find anything worthwhile on the web. I have posted at Tech Republish and CNET without any results. My friend uses this site so I was hoping one of you Gurus would have the answer for me. :thumbsup: :clapping:

#4 pinki

pinki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

Ends up it's with re-occurring meeting requests. Seems to work when it is a one time meeting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users