Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

we have WinFixer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lincolnmike

lincolnmike

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:46 AM

//Mod Edit: This post split away from HJT log here

First let me say that I am NOT part of the HJT team, so therefore i am not guiding you to do anything. I simply wanted to add what I am experiencing as well. I to have been got with this stupid and completely aggravating "program." My wife advised me that she has the WinFixer 2005 program on our computer at home, and has had it for a while. She is a lot more patient than I as she simply dealt with it. Well, from what I have researched yesterday, there is an automatic Virtumundobegone and Fixvundo fixer that supposedly is the easy way to get rid of this program for good. The only thing is though is that it only seems to work if you have O2-BHO:MSEvents line in your HJT log file. If you look back at your log, you do not have that line. Again, I am in the same boat with you as it does not show up in my log either. This causes the Virtumondobegone to not find anything, and thus go no further. This is so aggravating! There are instructions on how to manually remove each component if you do not have the O2BHO:MSEvents line. I painstakingly went through it all TWICE and the program still reinstalled itself. I will admit that I am probably in between novice and moderate when it comes to these type of issues, but I am certainly able and willing to learn. Anyway, when I tried to manually quit the process, unregister the specific dlls, clean the directories, and delete the program items, I did not find every single one (I found about 65%-75%) anywhere.

SO: My question to the HJT team is this: I know that we have WinFixer, it loads everytime I turn on or reboot the computer. I have tried everything to remove it. It doesn't really cause pop-ups, due to the blockers that I have; however, it does cause processes that take 100% usage for long periods of time and makes the computer boot up and run VERY slowly. As I said though, my log file does not have the O2-BHO:MSevents line, so the Virtumondobegone method does not work. (I apologize for not pasting the file here, as I am on my work computer, but it is similar to the one in the post that I am replying to).What else can I do? PLEASE HELP! Thanks so much

Edited by KoanYorel, 16 December 2005 - 06:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users