Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with my router!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jamil4

Jamil4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:03 PM

I have the Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router and when i plug it into my modem, no lights come on, besides the power light which was already lit. I've tried resetting it (holding the reset button for 30 secs) and all the lights go off until i let the button go and the power light comes back on immediately, followed by no other lights. It's a used router and i just got it today. I plugged the ethernet cord from my modem into the internet slot then plugged another cord into one of the 4 other slots and plugged it into my computer. It couldn't even detect any connection or device. Please help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

Hello and :welcome: to BleepingComputer!

Well as I see it you most likely have a bad router I had one of those and it started to drop its connection then it started to do what yours is acting like. Some days I spent the just to get it to work but then I got a new one. Basically I think the circuitry that is used for the ethernet is fried as it is not receiving any connection.

Some things you should check first would be the ethernet cables make sure there are no bends or twists in them and be sure they are fully inserted.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 MBakerNH

MBakerNH

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:56 AM

I agree with computerxpds. It sounds like a dead router if you are using different cables and no lights are coming on.

#4 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

Foresight: When you give up on this G router, go with N ;)

But yes the problem sounds like a dead router.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#5 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

Yeah definitely go with the N routers if you get a new one they are so much faster! :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users