Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New build problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 speeddown

speeddown

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

Uh oh, new pc build trouble . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So before I take this to a repair shop and see if they can help I thought I would put this online and see if anyone had any ideas.

Bought parts to build a new desktop. As far as I know everything went fine putting it all together. Only once I pushed to power button, nothing happened except the fans turned on. All of them turn on, the fans on the gpu, cpu, and case all run however I get no signal on my monitor.

I've tried the monitor on both the onboard and gpu, nothing. I've also tried changing out the power supply. I get exactly the same results. I took the motherboard out of the case and tried starting it up on top of a cardboard box to see if anything was shorting out. I tried stripping the build of everything except for cpu, motherboard, psu. Same thing. So the ram in or out makes no difference, I don't think it's POSTing or anything. I hear no beeps although I'm not sure if the motherboard has an internal speaker or anything.

So that's where I am. I'm thinking the motherboard or cpu might have been bad from the start but I'm not sure. I also have not messed around with resetting cmos, replacing the battery yet either. I will if these things will make a difference. Okay well hopefully someone can give me something to go on and try. I'm pretty familiar with computers so I'm willing to try just about anything before I bring it to the repair shop. Even a way to tell if it is the motherboard or cpu would help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bill253

Bill253

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hi Speeddown,

Welcome to the BC forum!

Have you looked at this post? Responses #7 and #8 deal with clearing the cmos. MIGHT be a simple fix...

Let us know how you do.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:49 PM

Please post the components used in this build, make and model of all components.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users