Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to run win xp mode in windows 7 professional

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tester2

tester2

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

I got mdg laptop having Intel core 2 duo processor inside, and Windows 7 professional 32-bit o/s on it, so i want to use windows XP Mode on this Laptop, i already read a lot on microsoft site & tried many things no success at all.I don't have special type VT compatable processor in my pc/laptop, but both are having win 7 pro.

i tried both of this patches unable to install
Windows6.1-KB977206-x86.msu & Windows6.1-KB977206-x64.msu

So if you can let me know from where i have to start from the begining then i will give a try.

And i like to know where i have to check x86 or x64 win 7 pro , i already look in COMPUTER properties, it is not showing x64 etc there.

my aim is to run win xp mode in windows 7 professional, so can any body let me know whether my processor is good or not, . if good the how to get success to run win xp mode.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Edited by tester2, 12 February 2011 - 01:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

Follow this tutorial http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/8247-windows-xp-mode-install-setup.html

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 tester2

tester2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

thanks a lot for your fast reply,

i finally install but i could not open Windows XP Mode at all, so I stuck at step 7 in above tutorials link.

when i click on Start Menu, then click on All Programs, Windows Virtual PC folder, and when i double click on the Windows XP Mode shortcut nothig shows after this, so i like to know what else i am missing, i wait over 15 minutes but nothing shows after this.

i install all the 3 files from microsoft, still nothing, please make me correct.

in step 6 i saw below
6. Download and Install Windows XP Mode Update
NOTE: Enables Windows XP Mode for PCs without Hardware Assisted Virtualization

so i like to know how to ENABLE WINDOWS XP MODE (where i have to go to enable, i check in Bios i can't see VT etc), because my processor is not compatable.

thanks again.

Edited by tester2, 12 February 2011 - 06:07 PM.

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

edit:

when you go to the folder in start menu you have to click on windows virtual pc first ,when it open then you click on xp mode

hi ,im using xp mode on 2 laptops [one is a 5 yr old Compaq running a amd sempron cpu,, orther is compaq with a amd athlon duel core ql-60],without Hardware Assisted Virtualization Technology. using the 3 files i downoade from this site ,be sure to install in order suggested here .good luck
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Edited by caperjac, 12 February 2011 - 08:01 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#5 tester2

tester2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:32 PM

edit:

when you go to the folder in start menu you have to click on windows virtual pc first ,when it open then you click on xp mode

hi ,im using xp mode on 2 laptops [one is a 5 yr old Compaq running a amd sempron cpu,, orther is compaq with a amd athlon duel core ql-60],without Hardware Assisted Virtualization Technology. using the 3 files i downoade from this site ,be sure to install in order suggested here .good luck
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

i finally install Windows XP Mode on my Laptop & PC having this processors.

1) I get Success on MDG Laptop Windows XP Mode working good, having this processor -- Intel® Core™2 CPU T5200 @1.60 GHz @1.60 GHz

2) I did not get Success on MDG PC installation of all files ok, when I click on Windows XP Mode, it is not going to start after waiting long time nothing comes up, so restart PC check again same problem, having this processor -- Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2200 @2.20GHz 2.20 GHz

So i like to know is there any way i can run Win XP Mode on my PC.

Thanks a lot for your reply

Edited by tester2, 12 February 2011 - 11:33 PM.

#6 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:06 AM

sorry i don't know why it works on one and not the other.but i don't think it has anything to do with the cpu ,based on my own experience with running it on 2 different laptops with cpu's far older and slower that yours.mine would not work,i use to get message saying cpu not compatible , untill i found the site in the link in my other post ,with the 3 file that made it work regardless of the cpu type

#7 tester2

tester2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

sorry i don't know why it works on one and not the other.but i don't think it has anything to do with the cpu ,based on my own experience with running it on 2 different laptops with cpu's far older and slower that yours.mine would not work,i use to get message saying cpu not compatible , untill i found the site in the link in my other post ,with the 3 file that made it work regardless of the cpu type

any way i try uninstal & reinstal on PC no luck at all.

Now i just stick to my laptop, on my laptop Win xp mode is working fine, and resion to instal this mode is to get work my old printer & web cam. both of the i install in win xp mode still this things are not working, so i like to know how the printer (old canon printer) & webcam (old Lebeca webcam)get work on this.

is there any more things i have to install to get this rhings work,.

For sure both are in working condition, still i am using by installing their drivers on my old Win XP PC, so webcam & Printer are in working condition,. but i want to use them in Win XP Mode on Windows 7 Pro system.

Please let me know is there any thing else i am missing on my Laptop to get this things in work

thanks

#8 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

i only have xp mode because i can,i don't really use it ,i have no printer or any other device installed on my laptop .
so you went into winxp mode and installed xp drivers for your printer and webcam, correct,and after doing so they will still not work !
i would open xpmode, using IE ,go to Cannon web page,download xp drivers for the printer and install them,

Edited by caperjac, 13 February 2011 - 04:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users