Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am a newbi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 cangicainay

cangicainay

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

I am having computer performance issues with speed,and operations. Almost every time I am using internet explorer It will crash or stop responding. I get these random messages saying that a program on my computer has stopped working. My virus protection has also picked up on a stealth MBR rootkit several times but i dont think it can get rid of it because it always seems to return. The problems never cease If someone can Id appreciate it if you could help me. Also every time i do a dds scan i get an error message that a program called Find String (QGREP) utility has stopped working, then about 7 seconds later I get an error message saying SED.DAT has stopped working, then immediately after that another one pops up saying Windows Command Processor has stopped working, then I get another that says Freeware implementation of REG.EXE has stopped working by the end of all those errors the DDS scan finally finishes so if anyone reads this please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,680 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

hi cangicainay,

Your post is a few days old. If you still need help simply reply back.

If you really have a rootkit on board and I would assume you do for now then you should be using the machine as little as possible and no personal or financial transactions. When its not in us then I would make sure it has no internet connectivity. If your not sure how to do this then power it off.
You can try running DDS in safe mode. To reach safe mode you would tap the f8 key during a computer restart, chose the first option from the list safe mode.
after you run DDS reboot computer normally.
See if you can run this also:

Please download TDSS Killer.exe and save it to your desktop
Double click to launch the utility. After it initializes click the start scan button.

Once the scan completes you can click the continue button.

"The utility will automatically select an action (Cure or Delete) for known malcious objects. A suspicious object will be skipped by default."

"After clicking Next, the utility applies selected actions and outputs the result."

"A reboot might require after disinfection."

A report will be found in your Root drive Local Disk (C:) as TDSSKiller.2.4.12.0_02.01.2011_17.32.21_log.txt (name, version, date, time, log.txt)
Please post the log report

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users