Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot download updates to anything

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beasley

beasley

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:45 AM

I recently had a friend reinstalled XP Pro on my computer because it would not log into windows, after the log in screen it would go black and not come back. prior to that I could log on but I noticed an unusualy low number of processes running in task manager. I also observed the little yellow light on the tower wouldn't be blinking so something was causing my processor to stop. What my friend did was run the pro disk to re install windows without losing my files. I remember while load avg free 20011 it would get to approx. 83% and freeze, so we had to repeat it 3 times. Shortly there after my wife noticed that she couldn't access IExplorer so I checked it out and it shut down saying Internet Explorer has encountered a problem....Error Signature App name iexplore.exe app version 6.0.290.5512 modname ieframe.dll modver: 7.0.6000.17093 offset: 000744ab

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:53 AM

Was XP Pro originally installed on this system?

System manufacturer and model?

Did the CD used...contain the same SP as was installed on the system at that time?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users