Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing Startup Programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 margie61

margie61

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

Does anyone know what intellipoint is and can I disable it from running on my pc everytime I start it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,673 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:48 AM

It's a driver for your Microsoft Mouse.

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:00 AM

As Allan stated. It allows some special functions to be programmed into\for the mouse. If you do not use any of the special functions then it can be disabled. If you have no problems after disabling it then it can be uninstalled using add\remove or the equivalent depending on your operating system

Windows will still recognize the mouse and install generic drivers for it.

It is rarely necessary to install specialized drivers for any mouse or keyboard, for that matter, unless it is for Gaming or other specialized tasks where programing\assigning special functions to the mouse buttons, keyboard is required.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users