Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup repair endless loop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tylermax

Tylermax

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

I was recently using my girlfriends computer when a message came up saying something about an automatic update then went into a repair mode. Then when the computer restarted it went into startup repair. It says it can't find any problems, and when you restart it, it keeps going to startup repair. The computer originally had XP on it, and her step dad installed 7 right before we moved across the country, so we don't have any kind of install or recovery discs. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Tyler

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tylermax

Tylermax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:45 PM

Well now things have taken a turn for the worse. I tried to disable the startup repair, and I guess I did. But now when I boot the computer, it says I'm missing a file and won't run windows without the cd. Please help me fix this problem so we can get back to my initial problem.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

What version of Windows 7?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#4 Tylermax

Tylermax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

It's a Dell Latitude D610 running Windows 7 home professional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users