Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reformated computer, graphics card not working.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jjsungz

jjsungz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

just reformatted my computer and my graphics card is messed up somehow. it's not as "clear" as before. when i try to play starcraft 2 it saids, "The videocard is not accessible because no display drivers are installed, another 3D application has exclusive access or the machine was locked. Please close any 3D applications or games and try starting StarCraft II again. Rebooting your system may also unlock the videocard. If the problem persists, for more information consult our support website." It was once of the clues that something was up. I installed the driver and the catalyst but don't think that's helping. when i go to device mangers there's an exclamation mark on my card. I googled this up and they told me to go to BIOS and switch it to PEG, so the motherboard can activate the graphics card but i do not see an option for that in my BIOS. is the windows 7 bios different? I'm going to post some images that popped up.

asus eah5770
AMD phenom II(x6)1055T processor 2.80 GHZ
4.00 GB ram
64-bit OS
1TB hardrive

http://img703.imageshack.us/i/56407603.png/
http://img96.imageshack.us/i/40103995.png/

pleas help, thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

The BIOS are on a chip on the mobo and basically independent of the OS.

If your PC is a self-built what is the make and model of the mobo. If it is bought off of the shelf what is the make and model of it?

Edited by ThunderZ, 11 February 2011 - 08:27 PM.

#3 jjsungz

jjsungz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:05 PM

i bought it from a cyberpower PC. GigaByte GA-870A-UD3. http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/33418-gigabyte-870a-ud3-am3-motherboard-review-7.html my bios looks like that

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

The setting you are looking for should be listed either in the Advanced BIOS Features or the Integrated Peripherals heading.

The manual you should have gotten with the board should point you right to it. If you did not get a manual then one should be available at the Gigabyte site.

#5 jjsungz

jjsungz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

look at this http://img201.imageshack.us/i/14442158.png/ it goes on forever
don't know why it can't find it or detect it. it's so wierd..i don't know if doing that bios thing well do anything. any one got suggestions?

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

There is only one way to find out if that will solve the problem.

#7 jjsungz

jjsungz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

and what might that be?

#8 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated