A week ago, I tried to open a PDF in an email attatchement from a trusted friend which had our tickets to an event (to print) and this was the first time I noticed a problem. Everything froze up and since then I have had numerous problems. The file was not corrupt, just happened to be what I noticed first that I can remember. Last scans all turned up clean. I am having the following problems:
1. Originally had printer spooler error when booting - not showing now but still can't print.
2. Safe mode not available option when booting
3. There was no prior recovery date I could revert to other than the current date.
4. When trying to print, opening control panel, and opening an image in Microsoft photo editor - computer freezes (These are only ones I know of so far.)
5. Computer running slow
6. SSMMgr.exe error when shutting down.
I have run Malware bytes, Ccleaner, and Super antispyware. They do not find anything. At this point, since I can't do a Recovery and tried booting from the CD but have no floppy drive. I am thinking, I would just like to reinstall XP, but I was unable to do that either.
Can anyone provide help? Thank you.
Edited by Z06F4i, 11 February 2011 - 06:57 PM.