Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new anitvira virus for windows 7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 travis89

travis89

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

ok so i got home last night to find my computer with the new antivira virus for windows 7. i already follwed the step by step process that bleepingcomputer provides http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivira-av , so i downloaded the rkill and put on my computer with a flash drive and ran it so it blocks the virus from closing any unwated programs by them, and then i ran maleware bytes full scan and it didnt pick it up. but the virus isnt doing anything that it was befor, i no longer have any of the pop windows from it, but i now try to acess the internet and it will not load any page it completely blocks me from going online, but i am connected because it allows me to log into aim?.....some one please help me i dont wanna reformat my drive if possible. thank you........ok so now i have running/working internet connection on my tower with the antivira av virus, still the maleware bytes did not pick up the virus, and my microsft sequirty essentials is now working and the fire wall is turned back on. does any one know of a program that can detect this virus other then the maleware bytes thats stated?

Edited by travis89, 11 February 2011 - 05:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

Hello,

You are receiving assistance here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic378994.html so I shall close this topic to avoid potential confusion for all concerned. ~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users