Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2000 Pro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ice Blue

Ice Blue

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

Hi, folks.
I've got an AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 AM2+ CPU and two sticks of Corsair DDR2 CM2X2048-8500C5 1066MHz RAM and need a motherboard and chipset drivers that will work with all that and especially with Windows 2000 Pro with Service Pack 4.
Unfortunately, Newegg, TigerDirect, ZipZoomFly and other vendors are extremely poor in letting the customer know what operating system various mobos are compatible with. They seem to assume everyone's looking for a mobo that goes with whatever the latest OS is that Microsoft has prematurely defecated into the world. If you don't have Vista or 7, you're pretty much SOL on knowing what the board will, may, might, work with.
You can go to any vendor, key in your Socket, CPU and RAM and come up with a mobo, but there's no guarantee it'll work with your OS. Sometimes they don't even specify if the board is restricted to a specific OS and you're burned. I ended up buying Vista because a vendor didn't advertise that the ASUS mobo was for XP/Vista only, plus it was defective when I got it. I also bought a Biostar mobo that they stated worked with Win2K and their Drivers & Utilities CD wouldn't work and neither would any downloads from their, or Nvidia's site. Got a good idea now why I might sound like I'm PO'd?
I don't care if it's an older board because I can probably find it on eBay.
I just want a board that will work with Win2K Pro w/SP4, my CPU and RAM and have all drivers available.
Who's going to be my savior?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

Asrock NF6-GLAN

Driver support page http://www.asrock.com/MB/download.asp?Model=NF6-GLAN&o=2K

Biostar N68s+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138284

Support page http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/driver.php?S_ID=498
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users