Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed new XP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mastershake100

mastershake100

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

I just had to reinstall XP on my old computer and now the visuals are low resolution, theres no sound, and I cant get on the internet. I think I need the drivers for the network card, sound, and monitor but I dont know how to find them. Where do I look on my comp to find the names of the cards? I think there is a site that has drivers, driverguide or something.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Are the original components still installed...none have been replaced?

Louis

#3 mastershake100

mastershake100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

Somebody built it for me years ago, so I dunno if it has the same stuff. It says compaq evo hp on the case.

XP professional version 2002 service pack 2

intel pentium 4 cpu 2.00ghz, 1.99ghz, 504mb of ram.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

Hi mastershake100 -
First - Can you go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager and check whether there are any Yellow or Red ! marks beside any items -

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 11 February 2011 - 04:48 PM.

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

Download either Belarc Advisor or Everest. Check the specific hardware you have then go to the websites of the hw manufacturers and download and install the current drivers. Start with the chipset driver for your motherboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users