Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory Upgrade Issues On Dinosaur

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hossfly

hossfly

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:25 AM

Hi all,
I am attempting to get this boat anchor to perform a tad better by upgrading the 64mb of pc133 168 pin sdram to the max that the mb will recognize by installing two 128mb sticks of pc133 168pin sdram. However, the mb won't recognize the new memory. I have managed to upgrade the OS using the 64mb that came with the system, but when adding even one stick of 128, it is not recognized. With both sticks of 128 installed, the machine won't even boot, at least nothing appears on the monitor. Is there a possiblility that the chip density is screwing me up here? And if so, how can I check this before ordering yet more memory. 16x64mb, would that be the chip density and what i need to ensure before ordering more? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,
Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:00 PM

Download and run..

Everest Home (hardware and software information) Site 1
Everest Home (hardware and software information) Site 2

with the original 64mb chip installed. It will tell you the specs on the chip so you can get a precise match.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users