Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Browse the web

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DrBolus

DrBolus

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

OK

I guess I am not the only person to have this problem.

On my wifes computer she cannot access the web. I know she has access to the internet as she can pick up emails, and I pinged google to check it was able to be accessed, whenever she tries to use firefox she just gets a blank page, and ie says that the page cannot be loaded. It also appears to be redirecting from google to www.google.com/ig/redirectdomain?brand=DSGI&bmod=DSGI;

I ran an AVG virus scan and that found a trojan called moum, I cannot now remember the exact location of this file as the AVG deleted it. I restarted the PC and tried the browsers and they still did not work.

On another forum that I found whilst searching for a solution this command was suggested. "netsh winsock reset" in command line.

On boot up I now get a message "Could not load or run C:\Users\Frances\AppData\Local\Temp\csrss.exe specified in the registry"

Please bear in mind though that I am using a Linux laptop to sort this out as I cannot access the web on the machine that has the problem, so any software or files that need to be reproduced et.. will need to be shipped between the two. Also that I have not really used windows since XP and then I did not really have any major problems, so this is the first time I have dealt with a major windows disaster so I may need some hand holding.

Thanks in advance

DrBolus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DrBolus

DrBolus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:51 AM

Thanks for the help ;-)

I actually managed to eventually sort this out by finding and running the hijack this thingy. There were some bits on it that I thought suspicious, so I bit the bullet and ran malwarebytes which redflagged 16 different things. I followed the instructions to clean them and everything seems OK again now.

Just leaving this here in case it helps anyone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users