Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something on my PC slowing browsing speeds.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Will-ko

Will-ko

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:18 AM

Hi,
We have a 20Mb line with a 2Mb upload. When checking speed testing sites, we're always getting full speeds.
When downloading using Steam or uTorrent (Anything that manages its own downloads) I can get 2.4 - 2.5MB/s download.

But when I'm using any form of web browser, firefox, IE ect. Loading pages can take 10-20 seconds, pictures 30seconds-2minutes. Downloads are much much slower, around 500KB/s and while videos usually load fast enough they sometimes drop their connection and stop buffering.
I've cleared Cache files, temp internet files, uninstalled/reinstalled. Even disabled my firewall but to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Thanks, Will

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same issue?

Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same problem?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Will-ko

Will-ko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

Wow, major difference. Completely forgot about addons effects.
Now I'll have to see which add-ons are slowing it down.
Thank you.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

You're very welcome Posted Image

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users