Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buffering of Video files is too often

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 geno368

geno368

• Members
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:27 AM

I have a new system running Windows 7 Home Premium and when I play short video's like Youtube(4 min) or any like video, it stops several times to buffer. My old Vista system didn't do this very much. Is there a setting to adjust for this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:30 AM

I would think that the amount of buffering is dependent on your internet connection speed.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hi geno368, I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with FIOS 25/25 Mb/s internet speed and I am having the same problems with YouTube. I doubt there is anything wrong with your system but more than likely the problem lies with YouTube's servers. I noticed they've just updated their look and this new software they're using could have something to do with it.

#4 geno368

geno368
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for the replies..I didn't think my Vista system took that many delays, but maybe their update is forcing it. I have a dsl 3.0 connection...

#5 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

YouTube has changed their format several times since you've probably last used Vista. My system records speeds of 31 Mb/s upload and 24.87 Mb/s download using 'Speakeasy' or 'Speedtest' and I have the same problems lately so I don't think it's your connection speed to be honest with you. Hopefully someone at YouTube will get around to fixing this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users