Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think I Got Them All, But...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stormwind

Stormwind

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:29 AM

I did something stupid and got at least 6 trojans and more spyware on my computer than I like to think about.

Following the instructions for doing Hijack This Logs, I eventually have gotten a clean pass from Ad-Aware SE, Spybot - Search and Destroy, PC Cillian (Trend Micro Anti-Virus), Bit Defender and McAfee Stinger; however, I was hoping to get a second opinion that there isn't anything I might have missed before I return to using my computer the way I would like.

I greatly appreciate your time and help on this. Thank you.

JP
===============================================
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:27:41 AM, on 12/16/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hidserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\CtNotify.exe
C:\Program Files\iRiver\iHP100\iHPDetect.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\Mediadet.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\tmproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\PCClient.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\PCCGUIDE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\TMOAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Disc Detector] C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\CtNotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iHP-100] C:\Program Files\iRiver\iHP100\iHPDetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCClient.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\PCClient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TM Outbreak Agent] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\TMOAgent.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.xsoftspy.com
O16 - DPF: {556DDE35-E955-11D0-A707-000000521957} - http://www.xblock.com/download/xclean_micro.exe
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: Trend NT Realtime Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MFDnSC

MFDnSC

Ret. Director I/T

• Members
  • 4,310 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:16 AM

Looks fine but you may want to do tis

Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ (W2K/XP Only)
Install ewido.
During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
Launch ewido
It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen
On the left side of the main screen click update
Click on Start and let it update.
DO NOT run a scan yet. You will do that later in safe mode.

Restart your computer into safe mode now. Perform the following steps in safe mode:
(Start tapping F8 at the first black screen after power up)

Run Ewido:
Click on scanner
Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK
When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
Save the report to your C: Drive
This will take some time to run!
Boot to normal mode
Post that log and a new HiJack log
"Nothing could be finer than to be in South Carolina ............"

Member ASAP

#3 Stormwind

Stormwind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:53 PM

Thank you for your assistance. Here is the ewido security suite -

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 7:03:17 PM, 12/17/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 97873410

+ Scan result:

No infected objects found.

::Report End

================================================
And here is the HijackThis log -

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:09:38 PM, on 12/17/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hidserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\tmproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\CtNotify.exe
C:\Program Files\iRiver\iHP100\iHPDetect.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\Mediadet.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\pccguide.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\PCClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\TMOAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Disc Detector] C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\CtNotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iHP-100] C:\Program Files\iRiver\iHP100\iHPDetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCClient.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\PCClient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TM Outbreak Agent] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\TMOAgent.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.xsoftspy.com
O16 - DPF: {556DDE35-E955-11D0-A707-000000521957} - http://www.xblock.com/download/xclean_micro.exe
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: Trend NT Realtime Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Antivirus\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
=============================================

The system seems to be working pretty well. The only thing that seems to be different now then before is that when the system is loading the wallpaper blanks out for a moment before the system finishes loading and the wallpaper comes back.

The problem started with Winhound loading uninvited onto my PC. When it did this it loaded a file (warnhp.html) into the registry that overlayed the wallpaper. There was a link on this page supposably to spyware scanners, but needless to say I didn't click on it.

So, I think I've got about it cleaned up now. I appreciate your assistance to assure that I do have it all.

Thank you.

JP

#4 MFDnSC

MFDnSC

Ret. Director I/T

• Members
  • 4,310 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 18 December 2005 - 11:32 AM

Looks fine - I'd add this to your toolset

MS AntiSpy - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en (XP and W2K only)
"Nothing could be finer than to be in South Carolina ............"

Member ASAP

#5 Stormwind

Stormwind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2005 - 04:02 PM

Whew... That is a relief. Thank you for your time and effort on my behalf. I greatly appreciate it.

I'll try to be less stupid in the future so as to not add to your workload.

Thanks again.

JP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users