Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Green Screen when Playing Videos

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 morrjt

morrjt

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

I have recently had a problem playing videos on my computer. I am running windows 7 64 bit with an ATI Radeon 5650 GPU on an HP Pavilion (Intel i7 CPU). Anytime I play a video on Youtube or another website, a green screen will appear with audio. I can fix the problem by unchecking "Enable Hardware Acceleration" in the Adobe Flash Player Settings, and the green screen will disappear. However, this computer is 6 months old and I am wondering if I may have a problem with my GPU or driver, or a problem with Adobe Flash. Any insight in the problem will be appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:30 AM

a green screen will appear with audio.

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I quoted a part of your description above because I am unclear as to what is meant by a green screen with audio.

Is the audio coming from the video you are attempting to watch?

I just want to make sure you do not have some type of malware running on your computer and this green screen with audio is something suspicious in nature.

Have you scanned your computer with an anti-malware program just to be certain there is nothing malicious running on your computer?

As for drivers, here is the drivers for your video card.

Home page for 5650 GPU http://www.amd.com/us/products/notebook/graphics/mobility-radeon-5000/mobility-radeon-5700-5600/Pages/mobility-radeon-5700-5600.aspx

Drivers download page: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

Try the latest drivers and see if this does not clear up the problem.

Please post back the results.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 morrjt

morrjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Hello,

Sorry, I have been very busy and have not had a chance to work on my cmoputer. To clarify, the audio does come from the video I am watching; there is just a green screen. I had recently updated the drivers in January but now I see there is a new version released a few days ago, and I will try that. The problem seems to have worked itself out, but it is worth a shot. I actually have a more pressing issue. I recently sent my laptop back into HP due to fan issues. They replaced the heat sink and the motherboard. However, the fan still bursts when I open the computer, and still runs loudly with a rhythmic tune (is loud for a few second and then cools down for a half a second). I went into BIOS and turned the fan off from there but the problem persists. Additionally, my computer has completely turned off on me when I was working on it. There are no warning signs, it just makes a slight beep and shuts down. I can also hear a high pitched sound emitting from the computer. I am worried that it is the new motherboard, but I am no expert on computers. Please let me know if you can help or if I should make a new post. I appreciate it. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users