Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to block certain things on a website

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 onna28

onna28

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

I really wasn't sure where to post this and hopefully I have the right topic for it. I don't want to completely block out a website (if that's possible) but block out the ads and other intrusive, I guess third party landmines that might be present within it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ^_^

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

What browser do you use?

I am aware of very few if any ways to do what you are requesting with Internet Explorer. Please anyone correct me if there are ways.

If you use Firefox then there are several add-on`s that should do the trick for you.

#3 onna28

onna28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

I use Mozilla and Internet Explorer, so if you could tell me how to do it for both, that would be even better. I have Ad Block Plus for Mozilla and someone also told me to get No Script. All I want to do is to be able to go to my favorite anime streaming site and not get attacked by another virus like "whitesmoke toolbar"

#4 mrfingerz

mrfingerz

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:34 PM

Hi,

I've used simple adblock in ie before, if that's the browser you're using, seemed pretty good to me.

http://simple-adblock.com/

regards
It's nice to be important, it's much more important to be nice.

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

AdBlock Plus and No Script are very good add-ons.
To check, if the site is safe, I strongly recommend, you install WOT: http://www.mywot.com/en/download

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

Thank you Mrfingerz. Was totally unaware of simple adblock. But basically only using IE for MS updates limits my need`s to do much with it.

:thumbsup: To Adblock Plus and especially No Script. A bit of a learning curve when it comes to No Script but well worth the effort IMO.

Just my .02, but I am not a fan at all of any form of site advisor. Have seen to many links with excellent information and d\l`s available be rated poorly for really no reason. Thinking back, I believe a page right here on BC was rated poorly\dangerous because of a link to a page which contained d\l`s with multiple uses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users