Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Loggin in as Administrator

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_WelshSteve_*

Guest_WelshSteve_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

We have a laptop at work that was never put on the network by my predecessor. It's running Windows 7. Basically, the person who used this laptop has now left and moved abroad. As he was the only user of the computer, nobody has his password, and there is data on there that is important and vitally required. I am trying to log on as Administrator, but when I boot into Safe Mode, the Administrator icon is not there as I'd expect. So I thought I'd try and boot into Safe Mode with Command Prompt, and run net user adminisrator /active:yes. But I'm still presented with the normal welcome screen with just the one user icon, so can't do that either. Can anybody give me any ideas how I get the administrator icon so I can logon?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users