Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

add on fail to run

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 azmie

azmie

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:20 AM

i'm having problem when opening inbox from my ymail .this message come out "an add on for this website fail tO run.check the security setting in internet option for potential conflicts".help me to solve this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

Here is something from Yahoo themselves. The one thing that I notice is that you must have the Yahoo Toolbar installed before installing the Yahoo Mail Client.
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/settings/settings-10.html

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:52 AM

You don't need the Yahoo toolbar. I use Yahoo without that BHO!

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#4 azmie

azmie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

i'm using window 7.Unable to download yahoo toolbar.How to check my IE version?

#5 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

I did a search for 'Yahoo toolbar Windows 7' and came up with this link: http://toolbar.yahoo.com/?.intl=us&.vert=v8
To find out which version of Internet Explorer you are using click on the '?' in the blue circle at the far right of the IE toolbar. Click on this '?' and select 'About' at the bottom of the Drop-down Menu.
The screen shown in the link I provided earlier looks like it might be from the XP operating system. I hope this new download will work for you and I'm sorry if I've mistakenly sent you to the wrong download.

#6 azmie

azmie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

i try the new link given but i can,t scroll down to click install.The page keep going upwards.i wonder why? one more thing i can,t find the'?' mark.already click the blue circle

Edited by azmie, 10 February 2011 - 02:06 PM.

#7 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:20 PM

Open IE and right-click on an open space in the blue area next to the tab that shows the page your on. Mine browser opens to MSN as the Home Page. Right-click in the blue area to the right of this tab and place a checkmark for 'Command Bar'. This will activate the Command Bar and you will see entries like "Page", "Safety" and "Tools". At the far right, next to 'Tools', should be the 'question mark'. I created a Yahoo mail account earlier today and I too had some problems trying to get my mail. I gave up earlier but will try again later. In my case, I'm unable to add the Yahoo mail account to my Windows Live Mail unless I buy a yearly Yahoo Mail Plus subscription. I don't feel like paying so I need to find a way to get my Yahoo mail downloaded every now and then.

#8 azmie

azmie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

i already install yahoo toolbar v8.3 but i still can't set my ymail to default.FYI i'm using IE8 win7.Already tick the plugin.

#9 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

When you go to that link I gave you earlier, there is a fourth box that needs to be checked. It says "Install the Yahoo! Mail Plug-in and make Yahoo! Mail my default Mail Provider". I just installed the Yahoo Toolbar, Plug-in, and everything installed and set my default mail account to Yahoo. When I check my 'Default Programs' it says that Yahoo Mail has all of its defaults and when I click on the 'envelope' icon in IE8, it opens to Yahoo Mail. You might have to uninstall the Yahoo Toolbar and reinstall it after placing a check in the bottom box.

#10 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

I went back and I have to click the "Blue" envelope icon in the Yahoo Toolbar to get to my email sign-in page. The IE8 'envelope' icon gives me an error about my 'Default Mail not set up properly' but the 'blue envelope' Yahoo toolbar icon does work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users