Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 Browser Hijack/Redirection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 xcyberdogx

xcyberdogx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:26 AM

Hi,

My Win7 computer is infected with browser redirection.

Symptoms:
* When browsing sites by direct URL the direction doesn't seem to be in effect, however there is 4-5 second latency opening sites fully(usually instant)
* When attempting to do a search on google there is latency on key strokes, google responding slow and also when it eventually shows the results, redirection takes place to random sites upon clicking on any results.
* I have run number of malware removal programs to no avail. Redirection symptoms ( not the latency) seems to disappear after scan but re-appear not long after.

Hope this is clear enough for you guys. I am usually good with removing malicious programs manually but really struggling with this one therefore here I am. Would really appreciate any help.

GMER and DDS logs are attached

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xcyberdogx

xcyberdogx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:05 AM

Guys,

I managed to removed it. Many thanks for looking

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

Since OP has resolved, I am closing this thread.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users