Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hacker hacked into my computer, and steal money from my Wellsfargo Bank. Is my PC safe after running Combofix?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 chiduc2

chiduc2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:58 AM

Hello,
Please help. My bank account was hacked, hacker did the below:
1/ transfer money from my Wellsfargo Credit card into my saving account.
2/ transfer money from my saving account OUT to an stranger account.

Wellsfargo asked me to do a Scan on my computer because they expected there must be a Spyware or Trojan inside my computer.

I have TrendMicro on my computer. However, information from google said TrendMicro is not a very good antivirus software. My coworker recommended to use ComboFix.

I ran ComboFix and get the log file, could someone help to review and let me know if my computer is ok to be used? or, there still could be a silence tracker running to watch/hack my activities?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baabiouz

Baabiouz

Finnish Malware Fighter

• Members
  • 3,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

Hello Chiduc2!

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the Trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

We can attempt to clean this machine but i can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Please let us know what you have decided to do in your next post.
It's highly recommend to format your computer.

Edited by Baabiouz, 16 February 2011 - 12:59 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Baabiouz

Baabiouz

Finnish Malware Fighter

• Members
  • 3,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:18 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users