Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP printer installation failed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 starmmb

starmmb

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

Hello, I have an HP photosmart all-in-one printer which has been installed and running without a problem for 15 months. I needed to uninstall it but now have issues with the reinstallation. I have contacted HP customer-care but they will not provide support because it is out of warranty. I am hoping someone might have an idea what is going wrong so I can rectify it. My operating system is Windows xp service pack 3. The printer is connected via USB. I have made several alltempts both form the original disc that came with the printer and also from the updated version downloaded from the HP website & get the same result each time.

Installation stalls on the very last part of the process "Configuring your product (step 4/4)". It freezes at 96% for a very long time & then comes up with the msg "C:\ProgramFiles\HP\Temp\{FF1F4E8E-A833-4c4b-A14A-45D5B841BB5D8}hpzsetup.exe"/rer... It will still print & read my camera card but when I try to open the Solution Centre to use the scan function it says no hp devices have been detected.

Unfortunately I cannot do a system restore because I had some issues with malware that the wonderful people on this site helped me remove & I think throughout the process all system restore points were deleted & unbeknownst to me I had not reset them to start again until I looked yesterday.

Any thoughts on what the problem is would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Star :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:31 AM

Hi Star, can you please post the full HP model number of your all in one?

This number can sometimes be found on the top area of the all in one, if it is not there, please inspect the device for a label that has the model number on it.

I need the FULL model number in order to help you.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 starmmb

starmmb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

OK thanks Bruce. It is a C4480. I just noticed I omitted an important point - when the error box appears with that long file name it says fatal error during installation. I can actually find that folder in C drive if that helps (to look @ properties???). Yesterday I ran the online scanner diagnostic tool through the HP website and the 2 areas that came up with crosses were 'Registry' & 'HP Scan flow manager'. There was also an error box during the process where I had to restart the computer. It said - Solution Center, then on the next line with an eclamation mark in a yellow triangle it said C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9b.ocx failed to register. HRESULT - 2147220473 Contact your support personnel. I hope that all helps. It would be fantastic to have it operational again. Thanks again, Star :)

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

See if this fixes it
Start - run - then type

regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9b.ocx

CLick OK
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 starmmb

starmmb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:32 PM

Hi Eyesee, when I did that it said RegSvr32 DllRegisterServer in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9b.ocx succeeded. When I clicked ok it just went away but this has not fixed the problem. It is still saying 'no hp devices detected' when I try to open the Solution Centre program.
thanks, Star :)

Edited by starmmb, 11 February 2011 - 05:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users