Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

another hp battery problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trist077

trist077

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

hi i have a hp pavolian dv9850e the problems is that when the battery is in it says its plugged and charging with a red cross through it and its not charging at all

if i shutdown with battery in it stays on have to turn unplugging ac adapter

can you please help me

i flashed the bios see if this will work but no luck am i able to reverse this at all

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:14 AM

i flashed the bios see if this will work but no luck am i able to reverse this at all

Your quote above has me a bit confused here.

Are you saying that you flashed your motherboard's BIOS chip and then you started experiencing this problem, or are you stating you flashed the motherboard BIOS chip in effort to resolve this issue?

You are also asking if you can reverse this at all, I am not clear as to if you are asking if you can undo the flash to reset the computer to the state it was before the flash was done.

I am going to jump ahead of the answers I am asking you for by asking you now if you saved your ORIGINAL BIOS firmware to a disk before you proceeded with the BIOS chip flash?

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 pachm

pachm

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

I'm assuming you flashed your bios to Version:F.33 if thats the case revert back to this biosMy link
But try a system restore first + start/control panel/system security/ you will see it in action center. good luck and post back.

Edited by pachm, 12 February 2011 - 06:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users