Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GMER rootkit-like behavior ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 dubteam2000

dubteam2000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

Hello

I did a check on my system with GMER and it says that I have a rootkit-like behaviour on sector 63 and on some other sectors. Am I infected with something? I mention that I have TrueCrypt installed on this system, but this is still very strange. Here is the GMER log. Thanks !

GMER 1.0.15.15530 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit quick scan 2011-02-10 08:40:58
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-3 WDC_WD5000BEVT-22ZAT0 rev.01.01A01
Running: gmer.exe; Driver: C:\DOCUME~1\DANUT0~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\aftiikow.sys

---- Disk sectors - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Disk \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 sector 63: rootkit-like behavior;
Disk \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 sectors 976772912 (+255): rootkit-like behavior;

---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdguard.sys (COMODO Internet Security Sandbox Driver/COMODO) ZwEnumerateKey [0xA3B587BC]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdguard.sys (COMODO Internet Security Sandbox Driver/COMODO) ZwEnumerateValueKey [0xA3B58A12]

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Device \Driver\atapi \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T0L0-3 [B955AB40] atapi.sys[unknown section] {MOV EDX, [ESP+0x8]; LEA ECX, [ESP+0x4]; PUSH EAX; MOV EAX, ESP; PUSH EAX}
Device \Driver\atapi \Device\Ide\IdePort0 [B955AB40] atapi.sys[unknown section] {MOV EDX, [ESP+0x8]; LEA ECX, [ESP+0x4]; PUSH EAX; MOV EAX, ESP; PUSH EAX}
Device \Driver\atapi \Device\Ide\IdePort1 [B955AB40] atapi.sys[unknown section] {MOV EDX, [ESP+0x8]; LEA ECX, [ESP+0x4]; PUSH EAX; MOV EAX, ESP; PUSH EAX}
Device \Driver\atapi \Device\Ide\IdePort2 [B955AB40] atapi.sys[unknown section] {MOV EDX, [ESP+0x8]; LEA ECX, [ESP+0x4]; PUSH EAX; MOV EAX, ESP; PUSH EAX}
Device \Driver\atapi \Device\Ide\IdePort3 [B955AB40] atapi.sys[unknown section] {MOV EDX, [ESP+0x8]; LEA ECX, [ESP+0x4]; PUSH EAX; MOV EAX, ESP; PUSH EAX}
Device \Driver\atapi \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP1T0L0-e [B955AB40] atapi.sys[unknown section] {MOV EDX, [ESP+0x8]; LEA ECX, [ESP+0x4]; PUSH EAX; MOV EAX, ESP; PUSH EAX}
Device \Driver\a21nmc6u \Device\Scsi\a21nmc6u1 8A82E1F8
Device \Driver\a21nmc6u \Device\Scsi\a21nmc6u1Port4Path0Target0Lun0 8A82E1F8
Device \FileSystem\Ntfs \Ntfs 8AD231F8

AttachedDevice \Driver\Kbdclass \Device\KeyboardClass0 VMkbd.sys (VMware keyboard filter driver (32-bit)/VMware, Inc.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\Kbdclass \Device\KeyboardClass0 wdf01000.sys (Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime/Microsoft Corporation)
AttachedDevice \Driver\Kbdclass \Device\KeyboardClass1 VMkbd.sys (VMware keyboard filter driver (32-bit)/VMware, Inc.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\Kbdclass \Device\KeyboardClass1 wdf01000.sys (Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime/Microsoft Corporation)

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

Hello dubteam2000 ,

Posted Image

I've read your post, and from the description you give, and the log you posted, I *think* you can relax. :) BUT......to be sure I'd like to ask if you've had any problems that lead you to believe you have malware anywhere on your computer? I'd like to see a DDS log as well. Directions for it are here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

Thanks,
tea
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

#3 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:52 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users