Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accessing Questionable Website

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

Problems come faster than ever.

I want to visit a web site. I trust it but I get a message its questionable and not safe. So I say never mind I want to go and have to verify that five times and then when I finally get through that I get a message asking me for my product i.d. serial number for some web access thing?

Now how did that happen? I hate Bill Gates. I just want to visit the website but you have to buy a program to breathe it seems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

Its important to do so asap as there is a conference call I need to give input in before it starts. HOW can I get on - this is a new one on me? Is this something from obama to start his web takeover

HELP PLEASE

#3 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

Change your security settings?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

What browser? Sounds like IE(?).

Regarding the product I.D.. This may refer to what ever application is being used for the conference call, if that is what you are trying to do while on the site in question.
If that is what is being asked for then no one here will be able to provide you with that I.D. Who ever is hosting the site\conference call would need to provide that I.D.

Side note. You really provide very little useful information. Since we have no way of knowing the site or the product I.D. it is requesting please beware of Internet scams.

Edited by ThunderZ, 10 February 2011 - 09:30 AM.

#5 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:42 AM

everything i try to do it says i have to be an administrator to change - and when i try to open the stuff to change administrator it says i have to be an administrator to change WTF?

#6 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

What browser? Sounds like IE(?).

Regarding the product I.D.. This may refer to what ever application is being used for the conference call, if that is what you are trying to do while on the site in question.
If that is what is being asked for then no one here will be able to provide you with that I.D. Who ever is hosting the site\conference call would need to provide that I.D.

Side note. You really provide very little useful information. Since we have no way of knowing the site or the product I.D. it is requesting please beware of Internet scams.

I'm using Firefox, have not changed my security setting. What it wants is like the product serial number to prove you purchased it I guess.

I didn't purchase anything but obviously my system thinks I did?

#7 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

Heres a thought. Because you have so many threads about so many different issues........why not tell the moderators that you think closing all the threads and starting over with one, and staying on one, would be best? Close all and start a fresh thread on one issue?

Closed to avoid further confusion. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic373637.html ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 15 February 2011 - 09:39 PM.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users