Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Interactive logon process initialization has failed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jlock2202

jlock2202

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

Hello,

I recently received a new ASUS Eee PC running Windows 7 Starter. It started fine the first 3 or 4 times I have tried to use it, but now, I am receiving this error message:

Interactive logon process initialization has failed.
Please consult the event log for more details.

I get the same message in safe mode, and the Repair Your Computer and Last Known Good Configuration options do not work. The computer has not created a system restore point, and I could not burn a system image due to lack of a burner (I have an external one on order).

Is there anyone who would be able to help me solve this problem? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:04 PM

If this is new, then you should probably contact ASUS support or your retailer. The more things that you do to try and repair this on your own, the more they will try and blame the problem on you resulting in possible repair charges.

#3 jlock2202

jlock2202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:18 AM

The only thing they told me to do was to reinstall Windows, but I have to wait for my external drive and the Windows disks to get here.

#4 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

I know Windows 7 had some problems with the ZoneAlarm firewall and has issued a 'hotfix' for it. If you are using ZoneAlarm, you might try removing it and see what happens. Here is a list of Windows 7 antivirus products. Most of them have a free version or a trial period to see if you like it or not. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/antivirus-partners/windows-7.aspx
Also, there is a law that allows you to return your PC within a certain time limit or 'grace period' for a full refund or exchange that the manufacturers won't tell you about for obvious reasons. Good luck with everything and I'll keep watching this post to see how you've made out. Maybe your solution will help someone who encounters the same problem in the future.

Edited by Zuhl3156, 11 February 2011 - 10:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users