Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iertutil.dll File Missing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

iertutil.dll seems to be missing and I guess I can download it but all the places I look, seems like they want to do one of those FREE DOWNLOAD scan things that doesn't get you anywhere except now you got some crap on your system.

Is there some source to get this stuff without the accompanying garbage?

Does microsoft have stuff like this???

I don't know if it is connected to an error message I'm also getting just today about the bwifi program, cannot remember what the error was.

Thanks for any helpful direction. :dance:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

Try this Microsoft Forum fix.

http://http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xprepair/thread/c06a12d3-11c9-4bff-8b9d-d198b68420d8

#3 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:08 PM

okay, and then what? i keep adding stuff like I made a file for autoruns and then forgot why I did it and where I'm going with it. I get sidetracked easily I guess.

Try this Microsoft Forum fix.

http://http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xprepair/thread/c06a12d3-11c9-4bff-8b9d-d198b68420d8

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

Let's start with describing what is your actual computer problem.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

iertutil.dll seems to be missing and I guess I can download it but all the places I look, seems like they want to do one of those FREE DOWNLOAD scan things that doesn't get you anywhere except now you got some crap on your system.

I don't know if it is connected to an error message I'm also getting just today about the bwifi program, cannot remember what the error was.

When did you get this message?

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/iertutil-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#6 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

Let's start with describing what is your actual computer problem.

That's what I've been trying to say, i can never solve a problem without an error code so then i have to try to fix that and i can't remember all the things i am trying to fix but the one thing i started out was and it still prevents me from doing what i need to do

I NEED TO BE ABLE TO RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

i'm glad a few people are amused, I'm not, you have no idea what is going on in my life or me and so for you to make judgments WHATEVER

Edited by kcsummer, 10 February 2011 - 07:15 PM.

#7 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

When did you get this message?

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/iertutil-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

i've been getting it off and on all day depending what i'm doing. i've downloaded tools and went to sites and some of the downloads won't work because then i get another error code. I don't know what all the error codes are, one is from google whatever that has to do with my computer not working.

A message keeps popping up that I posted a picture on my other thread. It comes up every two or three seconds and sends a report and i keep closing it but I can't get rid of it.

This is not funny to whoever thinks it is. My life is coming apart and so I'm glad you find it amusing. This computer thing is just the icing on the cake. Remember the movie FALLING DOWN?

#8 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

i DOWNLOADED one tool so that I could run as administrator but I couldn't open it unless I was an administrator

going in a circle

#9 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

Heres a thought. Because you have so many threads about so many different issues........why not tell the moderators that you think closing all the threads and starting over with one, and staying on one, would be best? Close all and start a fresh thread on one issue?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#10 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

You're still not saying what your computer problems are.

Closed to avoid further confusion. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic373637.html ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 15 February 2011 - 09:41 PM.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users