Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RootKit invasion ( pc now unable to install any program )

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 krangg

krangg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:23 AM

HI all

I know my pc has been infected with a rootkit or such harmful program.
This because after a long attempt to address my pc sudden slowness by running spybot search and destroy, and malware bytes in safe mode ( directory services ),
right after cleaning or fix what ever the program found i restart the pc and reran the scan, ( pc still slow) and why yes... there the almost same results again.
Listing of spywares or malwares ...

So after that i decided to run gmer and check out the result of that scan.. yea true enough plenty of unknown services etc ..but when attempt to delete or disable them nothing happen

so i decided to download and install hijackthis, but unfortunately i am now unable to install it. ( error says becouse machine running on safe mode, but this happens also in normal mode)

Also now i could not run malwarebytes ( will post the error soon)

So question is how do i install hijackthis, as my only hope is to address this issue with combo fix and for that i really need help and guidance to look into those
logs later on.

antivirus: kapersky

Thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 09 February 2011 - 10:39 AM.
Moved to AII.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

Hi Krangg, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

I have requested that this topic be moved to the Am I Infected forum where this topic will get the attention it needs. Please be patient as this is a busy forum.

I would suggest not running Combofix unless you are requested to do so by a member of our Malware Removal Team. This is a very powerful tool which can cause more problems if it is used improperly.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:34 AM

Hello ,I moved you to the Am I Infected forum for now. Let's see if we can get a DDS log.

Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
Include the GMER log you have.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users