Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opening Compressed Files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:55 AM

I recently had cause to download a driver that sat on my computer for 2 days while I tried to figure out how to open it. I have the past month or so been confronted with a type screen I have not seen before. I was trying to make it come back up again but I can't right now but its a green screen and it has commands at the type like EXTRACT and so forth.

I am desperate to find some way around this as it is continually happening a couple of times a week at the most inopportunte times. What is this program and where did it come from?

Thanks if you can help me figure it out.

I just downloaded something called JZipV1c but the screen looks kind of the same type setup so not sure its going to be better. how do you know which program to use for what?

I'm lost can you help me clear the cobwebs in my brain?????:mellow:

Edited by kcsummer, 09 February 2011 - 03:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:10 AM

Windows 7 should be able to handle most compressed files on its own. What is the full name (including extension) of the file in question?

#3 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:23 PM

win32cabinet extractor, i have a screen capture of it but I guess i can't post it.

I don't know why but everything I try to run almost it asks me what I want to use to run it and if i know the program when I try to find it they don't all show up.

I don't understand why. I tried to set the programs as defaults in some cases but when I get in that part of the program it won't show me the file I want to use so I can't do it.

Closed to avoid further confusion. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic373637.html ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 15 February 2011 - 09:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users