Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD after installing chipset drivers! Acer Aspire One D250

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 techforcity

techforcity

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

I have an acer aspire one d250 that did not boot up anymore. I did a reinstall of windows and installed the intel chipset drivers and now when it goes to boot up I get the BSOD 7b. What could be causing this to happen? I can roll back to best know configuration and it is fine but once I install those drivers it goes back to blue screening. I need to install those drivers in order for other components to be installed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:29 PM

If you can, please do the following as it will provide us with more information.

Please download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Thank You -

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:03 AM

Forgive a silly question, but are you 100% certain you are installing the correct chipset driver? From where are you downloading it?

#4 techforcity

techforcity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

Forgive a silly question, but are you 100% certain you are installing the correct chipset driver? From where are you downloading it?

I am installing it from the Acer website.

#5 brosien

brosien

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

I too am experiencing the same BSOD installing Chipset driver for Aspire One D250
I have verified the driver version from several sites including ACER, and cannot locate an older version to try. Very frustrating.
version of driver is 8.0.3.1018 for XP Home ed.

Edited by brosien, 06 November 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

Hello brosien -
We are very happy for you to follow this thread "if you think your problem is similar", but if you do have any questions could you please start your own New Topic.

This is only so we do not confuse the Original topic Poster, techforcity, with extra information that may not be 'exactly' related to their problem -

Thanking You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users