Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sudden, undefined ,slow performance

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TehCorn

TehCorn

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hello. My computer is about 2-3 years old, and recently ( about a week ago ), my performance with connectivity, and gaming has gone down.. I have a Belkin USB internet adapter I use to get online. I'm pretty sure the adapter isn't the problem because it's been working just fine before. Whenever I play games, there are random times in which the game is going smooth, then randomly, the game just slows down significantly. About two to three minutes later, it's smooth again and repeats the same process. Also, my connectivity is now very slow. Actually, the connectivity to the router is just fine. Though it takes (literally) about one to two minutes before a page would load. This hasn't happened before. I've ran Malware bytes, done a quick and full scan, yet nothing shows up.

Thanks.
-TheCorn

Edited by TehCorn, 08 February 2011 - 08:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

Also, my connectivity is now very slow. Actually, the connectivity to the router is just fine. Though it takes (literally) about one to two minutes before a page would load. This hasn't happened before. I've ran Malware bytes, done a quick and full scan, yet nothing shows up.

Hi TehCorn -
Can you be a bit clearer about commectivity (OK or slow) - You say connection to the router is OK but connection to the internet is slow ??
Are all installed programs running at normal (reasonable) speed, and only loading internet is actually slow -
Also what antivirus program do you normally run -

Thank You -

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

1) You ran a scan with MB, but did you also run a scan with your anti virus utility?
2) Does this happen with all browsers? If you haven't tried a different browser, please do.

#4 TehCorn

TehCorn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:22 PM

Well, the connection listed on the computer says "Excellent". Though it usually takes forever for me to load a page.

This happens on other browsers, and I have not run a scan with my AntiVirus utility.

#5 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

where's the router you're using? is it your connection, or a public one?
are you able to reset the router, or check its connections?

#6 TehCorn

TehCorn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:34 AM

My router is in the family room. Hardly a far distance.

Actually, it's pretty much my family's. Three of my family members have computers, that also have a USB adapter connection. I am able to reset, I don't think I can check for other connections.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users