Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Works But Other Programs Cannot Connect to the Internet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sgtgunn

sgtgunn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

Hi!

I'm having a weird issue.

I have a Toshiba Satellite X205 w/Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 1.8Ghz and 4 GB RAM running Windows Vista SP2.

I connect to the internet wirelessly through a D-Link router attached to a cable modem.

I recently had a problem with malware/virus which I thought I had removed with Malwarebytes, but now I have a connection issue which I wonder if is related.

I can connect normally to the internet through my browser (Firefox), I can stream video, download files etc. But other programs, like the iTunes Store, Pandora, Steam, etc cannot connect to the internet.

Here are my recent logs from Malwarebytes:

2/6/2011 10:49:19 PM
mbam-log-2011-02-06 (22-49-19).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 154017
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 22 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 4

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ineufbr1v (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\htswolik (Trojan.Downloader) -> Value: htswolik -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ProxyServer (PUM.Bad.Proxy) -> Value: ProxyServer -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\Users\adrian gunn\AppData\Local\temp\xrccmrocs\vwvpjixsjmo.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\adrian gunn\AppData\Local\temp\0.73477301734488.exe (Rogue.SystemTool) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\adrian gunn\AppData\Local\temp\ed4f9dd6.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\adrian gunn\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\start menu\spyware protection .lnk (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5700

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 7.0.6002.18005

2/7/2011 11:38:59 PM
mbam-log-2011-02-07 (23-38-59).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 313810
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 55 minute(s), 9 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\program files\intelligent converters\p2iagent.exe (Trojan.Dropper.PGen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I also ran a scan with Symantec endpoint Protection. Here is the log for that:

Filename,Risk,Action,Risk Type,Original Location,Computer,User,Status,Current Location,Primary Action,Secondary Action,Logged By,Action Description,Date and Time
Cookie:adrian gunn@atdmt.com/,Tracking Cookies,Deleted,Trackware,Cookie:adrian gunn@atdmt.com/,ADRIANGUNN-PC,Adrian Gunn,Deleted,Deleted,Quarantine,Leave alone (log only),Manual scan,The file was deleted successfully.,2/7/2011 12:00:39 AM
ecache.sys.vir,Backdoor.Tidserv.I!inf,No repair currently available,File,c:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\system32\Drivers\,ADRIANGUNN-PC,Adrian Gunn,Infected,c:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\system32\Drivers\,Clean security risk,Quarantine,Manual scan,No repair currently available,2/7/2011 1:09:38 AM
40bafd3-2189d4e0,Trojan.Malcol,Cleaned by deletion,File,c:\Users\Adrian Gunn\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\19\,ADRIANGUNN-PC,Adrian Gunn,Deleted,Deleted,Clean security risk,Quarantine,Manual scan,The file was deleted successfully.,2/7/2011 1:16:03 AM
2a7bf886-7bb58333,Trojan.Malcol,Cleaned by deletion,File,c:\Users\Adrian Gunn\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\6\,ADRIANGUNN-PC,Adrian Gunn,Deleted,Deleted,Clean security risk,Quarantine,Manual scan,The file was deleted successfully.,2/7/2011 1:16:53 AM
ecache.sys,Backdoor.Tidserv.I!inf,No repair currently available,File,c:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-e..memorydevicesdriver_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.18005_none_fd0def15b6a4c89f\,ADRIANGUNN-PC,Adrian Gunn,Infected,c:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-e..memorydevicesdriver_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.18005_none_fd0def15b6a4c89f\,Clean security risk,Quarantine,Manual scan,No repair currently available,2/7/2011 2:04:39 AM

Any ideas what's going on???

Thanks,

Adrian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users