Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing shared .dll extension

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 usa_armymom

usa_armymom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

Thinking I'd save time by deleting MS Outlook from C drive I've now created a huge problem for myself. Not realizing the .dll (diamond-link) files were all interwoven with other programs my computer has basically become useless to me. Except for the fact I can access the internet. Yippee! Help may arrive from you experts, sure hope so! :clapping: My CD-rom will not operate. My recently purchased external backup drive will not work. The blue screen appears for me to restart in Safe Mode. Whenever I try to open up a webpage I receive a Windows Installer error searching for Office 2003 and FrontPage. Unable to use my CD-rom cannot reinstall the software. Of course, I'm also unable to use the computer software to repair this problem. Cannot use any software programs using the .dll extension. Computer: Dell Inspirion 8400, Win XP, IE8

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hi usa_armymom -
To help us with the blue screen item and to give us some other ideas, please follow the item below -
Please do the following as it will provide us with more information.
Let us know if you have any problems with this -
Please download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Thank You -

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:50 AM

I'm not sure I understand what you can and can't do. Can you use Run to launch chkdsk?

Start> Run and type in chkdsk c: /r then click OK. You will need to restart your computer to start the chkdsk.

Edit: I'm guessing that you meant Outlook Express when you posted that you had uninstalled Outlook. How did you uninstall it?

Edited by dc3, 09 February 2011 - 09:52 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:53 AM

Thinking I'd save time by deleting MS Outlook from C drive I've now created a huge problem for myself. Not realizing the .dll (diamond-link) files were all interwoven with other programs my computer has basically become useless to me. Except for the fact I can access the internet. Yippee! Help may arrive from you experts, sure hope so! :clapping: My CD-rom will not operate. My recently purchased external backup drive will not work. The blue screen appears for me to restart in Safe Mode. Whenever I try to open up a webpage I receive a Windows Installer error searching for Office 2003 and FrontPage. Unable to use my CD-rom cannot reinstall the software. Of course, I'm also unable to use the computer software to repair this problem. Cannot use any software programs using the .dll extension. Computer: Dell Inspirion 8400, Win XP, IE8

Your post is not at all clear. First, DLL stands for "dynamic link library"

So what EXACTLY have you done - step by step - and what was the result?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users