Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disappearing exe??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kazpr29

kazpr29

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

Hi, just learned about Combofix from a forum I was reading through to get rid of malware on my comp. So i decided to follow the guide and tried to download Combofix.exe. After it downloads, it completely disappears like it never was there. I tried to save it to the desktop and watched as the download finished and just poof was gone. No file found nothing. Is this a problem with the download/file or am I just doing something wrong? If someone can help me out that would be awesome! thanx in advance! Oh I'm currently running XP sp3, if that gets me some more help lol!

Edited by hamluis, 08 February 2011 - 02:52 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bill253

Bill253

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

Welcome kazpr29,

You'll get more appropriate help in the malware forums (Security -> Am I infected) on this site, click here. Once you're there, please read the bold blue cautions on using ComboFix at the top of the screen.

Good luck,
Bill253

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users