Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Partition Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dkramer

Dkramer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:01 AM

I had a blue screen on a Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate installation. The computer would not boot after this.

I tried doing the Windows 7 Repair but it would just go to the Windows 7 Repair screen to about 98% and then hang.

I then tried MiniTool Power Data Recovery.

I ran Lost Partition Recovery. It ran QuickScan which took an hour, then went to deep scan and ran for 28 hours, stuck at 98%. I finally turned the machine off.

Then I ran PTDD and ran a bunch of things. I finally got to Restore Partition Table and clicked "OK" and thought it was going to restore from the local backup but aparantly it restored from a:\disk1.dat. These were the wrong partitions and were NTFS 50GB, 80GB, 80GB, 22.89GB.

So then I ran TestDisk and it goes to 98% and hangs.

Help! Any way I can recover my original Win 7 64 partitions and then fix the MBR so I can backup my files?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users