Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus keeps coming back and cannot detect the root of it

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 fagong428

fagong428

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:45 AM

Hello!

I am encountering this problem this past weeks. It seems that something is creating a virus over and over again on my system. I run a Malwarebytes fullscan and my AntiVirus is Avira premium but to no avail the problem keeps coming back.

My Antivirus blocks this kind of virus(12.exe,96.exe,36.exe,igfxdkp2.exe) over and over again in different intervals.

Malwarebytes also detect 3 infection but after i restart the infection is back again.

I hope someon can help me :wacko:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,546 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:02 AM

Hello, I moved you to the Am I Infected forum as you didn't post a DDS log that is required there. So lets do this next and see what we have here.
Is this XP or another and what Antivirus is installed?

Please post your MBAM log.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Next run an Online scan....
Please perform a scan with Eset Online Antiivirus Scanner.
This scan requires Internet Explorer,Opera or Firefox to work. Vista/Windows 7 users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator.
To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run As Administrator from the context menu.
  • Click the green Posted Image button.
  • Read the End User License Agreement and check the box:
  • Check Posted Image.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Check Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications. (If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)
  • Click the Start button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
  • If offered the option to get information or buy software at any point, just close the window.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running. Keep all other programs and windows closed.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop as ESETScan.txt.
  • Push the Posted Image button, then Finish.
  • Copy and paste the contents of ESETScan.txt in your next reply.
Note: A log.txt file will also be created and automatically saved in the C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\ folder.
If you did not save the ESETScan log, click Posted Image > Run..., then type or copy and paste everything in the code box below into the Open dialogue box:

C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  • Click Ok and the scan results will open in Notepad.
  • Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.
-- Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.

NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 fagong428

fagong428
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

Here is the Malwarebytes log

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5689

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.5512

2/8/2011 11:43:11 PM
mbam-log-2011-02-08 (23-43-11).txt

Scan type: Flash scan
Objects scanned: 101441
Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 14 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 3
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\Microsoft Driver Setup (Worm.Palevo) -> Value: Microsoft Driver Setup -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Microsoft Driver Setup (Worm.Palevo) -> Value: Microsoft Driver Setup -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore\DisableConfig (Windows.Tool.Disabled) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

-----------------------------------------------------------

The ESET log

C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxman32.exe a variant of Win32/Kryptik.KKZ trojan deleted - quarantined

-----------------------------------------------------------

Im running on Windows XP sp3

My current Anti-virus is Avira Anti-Virus Premium

#4 fagong428

fagong428
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:16 PM

I think the igfxman32.exe is the virus that is being created by that thing my anti-viurs cant detect because I have several detection on that same virus on my Avira.

Question: Can I still post up on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html after this? Because I was about to post my DDS log and then I found out that the thread has been moved(There has been an error when I tried to post my DDS log a while ago).

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,546 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

Yes, we may as well a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 fagong428

fagong428
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

Thank you Sir Boopme for the quick response!

I already made a new topic on the link you posted above with my DDS log and GMER log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic378444.html <-- here it is.

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,446 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:26 PM

Hello,

Now for the hard and frustrating part: waiting.

Now that you have posted a log, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users