Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to uninstall of 'Documents to go' of Dataviz

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BluebelleAngelS

BluebelleAngelS

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

I made an error of installing a wrong version of 'Documents-to-go' by Dataviz for a second hand Palm OS Tungsten T model and I cannot uninstall it. The unit was a hand me down from my sister since she got a new unit. When my desktop crashed late last year, I tried to install the software into my laptop not knowing that I installed the application for the new device instead of the one appropriate to function on my PDA. I tried to uninstall the program through the control panel, program uninstall but it returns an error message of "THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR HAS SET POLICIES TO PREVENT THIS INSTALLATION". I tried to do this several times and it always gave me this error message. I also tried to delete the folder from my program files but it did not help. I only have the back up copies of the installation softwares of both PDAs, for Tungsten T and E as my sister kept the originals but could no longer find them now.

I cannot understand why it keeps on giving me out this error message. I bought this laptop on November 2008 brand new and my OS is Vista Starter pack. Why does it says that I need to contact the system administrator when this is my personal computer. I have no idea who to contact to help me figure out what stops the unintall process for the software. I have the copy of the correct software but when I tried to install it, it returns a message that I have an installed copy on my computer and that I need to uninstall the previous intalled software. Kindly help me out. I don't know how to resolve this problem and I am not very much into computer technicalities. I didn't change any settings regarding the running programs on my computer. I hope you can guide me through. I just need to uninstall the previously installed program so I can install the proper software for my hand held. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

NEVER try to uninstall an app by deleting the program folder. That will only make uninstallation that much more difficult. Download and try revo uninstaller (http://www.revouninstaller.com/). If there is still a problem, you may need to reinstall the app first (this would be do to your deleting the program folder)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users