Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annuying Pop-up When Xp Starts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frankehimer

frankehimer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:45 PM

windows cannot find'C:\progra~1softwa~1soproc.exe'. make sure that you typed the name correctly, then try again to serch for a file , click the start button, and then click search i don't know what it is or what i did that started it and it transcends the restore feature of xp i tried that and it still does it i don't know that much about pcs sorry and feel very frustrated over this help!!! the

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:33 PM

Well, the news is not good, my friend. It appears you are infected with spyware. More info on this particular file is found HERE.

Can you tell me more info regarding your computer, what manufacturer, what version of Windows, how much RAM, etc?
Start > right click on My Computer > Properties.

Also, what anti-virus software do you have, is it up to date?

What anti-spyware software do you have, if any?

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 15 December 2005 - 02:34 PM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 frankehimer

frankehimer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:42 PM

thankyou for your reply and the info that you asked for is as follows i have a dell demenssions 3000 with 256 ram i have window xp home the virus protection is ez antivirus v7.0.8.1 it is up to date i have it set to update every 6 hours i also have spycatcher v 4.0.4 it is also up to date my pc is 4 months old i just brought it is there anything else that i can tell you i told you what i know how to find

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:08 PM

Thank you for the info. You did well. :thumbsup:

To remove your infection I would now like to refer you to the Highjack This! forum here at bleepingcomputer.com.

First: Read the Preparation Guide found HERE. It is very important that you follow ALL of the instructions found within.

Second: Post your system information (like you just did) along with a brief description of the problems you are having, and your Highjack This! log in the Highjack This! forum found HERE.

You are in good hands! But remember, the volunteers who work that forum are very busy, so please be patient and wait for a response. It can sometimes take a few days.

Good luck!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users