Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Restarts during intense gaming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DerBear89

DerBear89

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

hey guys, i thought i would try this thread instead of internal hardware since it has not been resolved. I won't go through this computer's history because at this point i could write a book. the important thing to know is that it is about six months old and homebuilt. here is the set up:

2x2 gs ocz ddr3
radeon 5770
750 diablotek psu atx
intel i3
intel dh55hc mb
dual monitors asus and pnp memorex

the problem: during intense gaming im thinking like one hundred percent of the time at this point im having a hard tim remembering when it has failed otherwise. the computer will abruptly and without warning shutdown and restart.
the computer makes an ERRRRRR sound through the speakers and the screen scrambles into nothing recognizable just a bunch of colors.
this has been a problem since i have gotten the computer and has not been resolved. maybe you guys can help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 halfnerdhybrid

halfnerdhybrid

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:33 AM

I don't know how much help I can be, but I'll give this a shot.

Obvious questions first. Since it's a build you made, have you checked to make sure everything's connected properly?

Have you checked to make sure your system isn't overheating using a program like Speedfan?

Have you overclocked the system, and if so, what to, as compared to the default specifications?

....That's all I can think of. I'll watch the topic and see what I can do.

#3 DerBear89

DerBear89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:15 AM

I don't know how much help I can be, but I'll give this a shot.

Obvious questions first. Since it's a build you made, have you checked to make sure everything's connected properly?

Have you checked to make sure your system isn't overheating using a program like Speedfan?

Have you overclocked the system, and if so, what to, as compared to the default specifications?

....That's all I can think of. I'll watch the topic and see what I can do.

rebuilt and checked wires several times. i do have speed fan and it is in no way shape or form is overheating i have thermal paste and 4 120mm fans on there
i could be running a nasa satellite and never see it pass 60c. I have never overclocked the system

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users