Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone know how Sony repairs PS3s?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alvaaron

Alvaaron

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:20 PM

My PS3's HDMI port an hero'd on me a while back and I didn't pay it much attention until I started playing it again and noticed that there are horizontal purple lines going through my TV. This does happen with my 360 running through an HDMI and I don't remember it happening with I used an HDMI cable for the PS3. So my question, is there a way to fix the purple lines or am I going to pay the $150 for Sony to fix my console? Also if I have to send in to Sony do I get my console back or is it a different one?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Out_of_Line

Out_of_Line

• Banned
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

When i used to have an xbox(i now have a PS3 like you)it RROD'd on me I sent it back(make sure you tape the serial # and any other relevant #'s on a piece of paper right on top where they can clearly see it)they sent me a refurbished one back a few weeks later good as new no worries just hurry MVC3 comes out in a week :wink:

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

Did you try other HDMI ports or cables? Did you try other display settings on the PS3 like 720p or 1080i? Sony may send you back your fixed PS3, or they may send you a refurbished unit. I would be highly annoyed if they sent me a newer refurb since I have the old 60GB launch PS3 with full hardware backwards compatibility.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users