To add to Budapest, this is another method -
Please note that this update is hard to install on many computers (for many reasons) - You are correct in the fact that it has been around for a while -
Others may have an easier solution but here is one solution that has worked -
Update 967715 may be reoffered if the HonorAutorunSetting registry setting that is described in this article is not added to the registry hive. This issue may occur if some other program that is installed on the computer blocks the update from writing the registry entry. Such software may block the update during the installation of the update or may remove the registry entry after the computer is restarted.
- To resolve this problem, install the update in safe mode. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download the update. To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit the Microsoft Download Web site:
- In the Search for a download box, type the number of the Knowledge Base article that describes the update,(KB967715), and then click Go.
- Download the update, and then save it to the desktop.
- Install the update. To do this, follow these steps:
- Double-click the downloaded file to install it.
If you are prompted to restart the computer, do so.
Visit the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web site to determine whether the update is offered again. If you are offered the update again, continue to the next step.Step 2
- Install the update in safe mode. Safe mode disables most running processes and services. These services include the Windows Update service.
- Installing an update in safe mode is a quick test to determine whether an application or process is interfering with the installation. To install the update in safe mode, follow these steps:
- Restart the computer.
- As the computer starts, press the F8 key.
- Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.Double-click the file that you downloaded in step 1 to install the file.
- When the installation is complete, restart the computer.
Visit the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web site to determine whether the update is offered. Or, wait until Automatic Updates runs again.
Please post back if this will not work, as there are other listed fixes -
Thank You -